Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Here we go...

School has been out for 3 weeks now and life is good! Even though we are enduring 105 degree heat here in Texas, I have been soaking up the sun and reflecting about the last year. I love my school, I love my kids, and I love my co-workers, what more could a teacher ask for? Today I am going to post some of my favorite lessons from last year. Please feel free to share, use, pin, and comment. I would love to know if you have done a similar project and how it went. I am constantly looking to improve! (Please subscribe on the right hand side of the page.)
TMS has Character series, Art club
We primed cardboard boxes and applied a gradient using tempera paint. Then students thought of the words they felt represented TMS students and came up with body gestures that reflected the word. Students used a old overhead projector to cast a shadow on the boxes to trace. Black paint filled the outline and lettering was painted on. This project was the brainchild of Ms. P (I was just there to supervise). The kids loved it, it was cheap and easy, and it made a great piece for our school's showcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment